Friday, June 24, 2011

The School of Essential Ingredients

by Erica Bauermeister













I don't know if I'm still riding the risidual waves of love from the Sisterhood, but I found myself loving this book. Bauermeister created Lillian to be a wonderful, magical foodie fairy godmother. She seeks out those who most needed her expertise and draws out the best in them.

I can't help myself when it comes to books about food. I want to go to Lillian's restaurant, which sounds cozy and beautiful, and I want to take her cooking class.

This book is more like a series of short stories cleverly woven together. I love the way each recipe reflects each individual's particular story, almost mirrors them in a way. That was a nice touch. Tom's story broke my heart, as did Isabelle's, in different ways, but they were both beautiful. I love how everyone in the class came together, not only to cook.

The School of Essential Ingredients is a really nice book to read. It's cute and cozy, but it will make you hungry.

No comments: