Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sh*t My Dad Says

by Justin Halpern













This book is excellent! You could have just had the worst day of your life, but open this book and I guarantee you will be smiling.

I'm currently in the middle of reading two other books, but when this one came through the interlibrary loan system with my name on it, I had to read it right away. It only took a few hours to read, and those other books can wait, this was totally worth it.

"Sh*t My Dad Says" is insanely hilarious and heart-warming. After reading only a few pages you will literally be laughing out loud. (I don't recommend reading this in the library or any other quiet public place because you will get concerned looks regarding your mental state.)

I've never encountered a book like this before. It's right up there with Lewis Black's "Me of Little Faith" in terms of hilarity. Halpern shares glowing anecdotes about his childhood and growing up with his eccentric father who is unconcerned with how other perceive him and says exactly what he means, exactly how he wants to say it; it's refreshing. I absolutely love this book and it's convoluted, foul-mouthed pearls of wisdom. There is a lot of love in this book as well as a lot of humor.

Everyone (who is not offended by gruff language) should read this book.

No comments: