Monday, March 8, 2010

Passion

Let me preface this by saying I watch the Food Network like it's my job.

One of my favorite shows to watch is The Best Thing I Ever Ate on the Food Network. It showcases some fantastic, mouth-watering, want to eat your TV screen food, naturally. But that's not the only reason I like the show. I love to hear these chefs and food writers talk about food.

I love listening to people speak about their passions. It's truly telling of all people, I think. Obviously you gain an understanding of what people love, but there's something much deeper that happens when they speak. When people bring you into their world, into their minds and souls, you get the truest glimpse of them. To speak about your passions is to expose yourself in a very vulnerable way, open to public scrutiny. It's scary to be so candid and open about what you love, what you live for. But there is something great about seeing that kind of rare genuineness in people.

No comments: